Teenager charged after man is punched in the face ‘several times’ in Lowestoft play park
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A 16-year-old boy has been charged after a man was punched in the face during an assault at a Lowestoft play park.
The attack happened in Denmark Road where a 19-year-old man and a 20-year-old woman were sitting in the play park, at the junction with Rotterdam Road, at about 10.40pm on Sunday, February 21.
An attacker approached the pair and threatened them with a weapon – described as resembling a chisel – and demanded that the man hand over his mobile phone.
When he said he didn't have one, he was punched in the face several times.
Police issued a witness appeal and officers continued to make further enquiries.
And yesterday afternoon (February 29), a 16-year-old teenager was arrested and taken into custody where he was interviewed.
He was subsequently charged with attempted robbery and with possession of a knife in a public place, and has now been bailed to appear at Lowestoft Youth Court from 1.30pm on Wednesday, March 16.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 7 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 10 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia