Teenager arrested after reports of gunshots in Swaffham released on bail
- Credit: Ian Burt
A 16-year-old boy arrested following an incident involving armed units in Swaffham yesterday has been released on bail.
It comes after officers were called to Carter Close shortly before 1.15pm following reports shots had been fired.
Two firearms, thought to be an air rifle and air pistol, were seized.
Police attended an address and a teenager was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear or violence and criminal damage.
He was questioned at King's Lynn Police Investigation Centre and released on bail until 6 March while enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 6 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 7 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast