Teacher to let pupils shave her hair off in bid to raise money for Big C
- Credit: Archant
A school head will allow her pupils to shave her hair off in a bid to raise money to help people with cancer.
Sarah Potter, head of school at Sculthorpe CE Primary Academy, is going bald in memory of her mother who died 13 years ago, on June 10, of ovarian cancer.
She will be raising money for Big C Cancer Charity.
The head shave will take place on Friday, June 9.
Mrs Potter said: 'During mum's illness she had lots of support from different charities on the Isle of Wight.
You may also want to watch:
'I feel it is important to support local charities that offer support to cancer sufferers and their families so I decided I would do my challenge for one based in Norfolk.
'I am hoping to raise £1,000 for BIG C. So far I have raised £285.'
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
Anyone who would like to support Mrs Potter and make a donation can go to https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Sarah-Potter75