Tea hut near Great Yarmouth’s Britannia Pier gutted in blaze

A tea hut in Great Yarmouth caught fire. Photo: Keegan Snell

A tea hut in Great Yarmouth caught fire. Photo: Keegan Snell - Credit: Archant

A seafront tea hut has been gutted by a blaze.

A tea hut in Great Yarmouth caught fire. Photo: George Ryan

A tea hut in Great Yarmouth caught fire. Photo: George Ryan - Credit: Archant

The Shemara refreshments stall near Great Yarmouth's Britannia Pier caught fire on Thursday morning at around 10am.

Firefighters from Great Yarmouth, Gorleston, Acle and the aerial ladder platform from Great Yarmouth attended the building fire in Marine Parade.

The crews used hose reel jets and main jets to extinguish the fire which was put out after half an hour.

Police confirmed after an investigation by the fire service specialists, the blaze is being treated as non-suspicious.

A tea hut in Great Yarmouth caught fire. Photo: George Ryan

A tea hut in Great Yarmouth caught fire. Photo: George Ryan - Credit: Archant


You may also want to watch:


A neighbouring business said they believed the owners are away on holiday but have been informed of the fire.

He added: 'There was so much smoke, I wasn't quite sure what was happening.'

Most Read

The alarm was raised by a member of staff at the Eon Wind Farm Visitors' Centre who said he saw lots of yellow and brown smoke rising from the small building.

A tea hut in Great Yarmouth caught fire. Photo: George Ryan

A tea hut in Great Yarmouth caught fire. Photo: George Ryan - Credit: Archant

A tea hut in Great Yarmouth caught fire. Photo: George Ryan

A tea hut in Great Yarmouth caught fire. Photo: George Ryan - Credit: Archant

A tea hut in Great Yarmouth caught fire. Photo: George Ryan

A tea hut in Great Yarmouth caught fire. Photo: George Ryan - Credit: Archant

A tea hut in Great Yarmouth caught fire. Photo: George Ryan

A tea hut in Great Yarmouth caught fire. Photo: George Ryan - Credit: Archant

A tea hut in Great Yarmouth caught fire. Photo: George Ryan

A tea hut in Great Yarmouth caught fire. Photo: George Ryan - Credit: Archant

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus