Taverham youth club donate money they raised for themselves to good causes
- Credit: Kerry Johnson
A group of youngsters in Taverham have inspired generosity in their community after donating money they had fundraised for themselves to good causes.
Lead youth worker Kerry Johnson said members of Taverham youth club wanted to raise money for the club at the village fayre in June 2018.
After raising £236, Ms Johnson asked the youngsters, aged between nine and 13, what they wanted to spend it on just before Christmas.
She was blown away by their response to donate the money to local good causes.
'I was impressed - for them to give it to someone else, it was a very proud moment,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
A cheque for £100 was handed to Social F.I.E.L.D youth club, which provides support to young people with Asperger's syndrome, on February 27.
Another £100 will be donated to Taverham day care in Sandy Lane, which was match-funded by local company P Nunn Installations.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards