Taverham youth club donate money they raised for themselves to good causes
- Credit: Kerry Johnson
A group of youngsters in Taverham have inspired generosity in their community after donating money they had fundraised for themselves to good causes.
Lead youth worker Kerry Johnson said members of Taverham youth club wanted to raise money for the club at the village fayre in June 2018.
After raising £236, Ms Johnson asked the youngsters, aged between nine and 13, what they wanted to spend it on just before Christmas.
She was blown away by their response to donate the money to local good causes.
'I was impressed - for them to give it to someone else, it was a very proud moment,' she said.
A cheque for £100 was handed to Social F.I.E.L.D youth club, which provides support to young people with Asperger's syndrome, on February 27.
Another £100 will be donated to Taverham day care in Sandy Lane, which was match-funded by local company P Nunn Installations.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 9 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 10 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'