Homes without power for hours amid repair delays
- Credit: Archant
Homes in two communities close to Norwich are expected to be without power for eight hours in total due to an unplanned power cut.
UK Power Networks were made aware of a power cut affecting residents in Taverham and Drayton at 4.29am on Thursday, January 9.
It is believed that the incident was caused by a faulty high-voltage overhead electricity line.
Engineers were able to restore power to some remotely, but were forced to visit the area to investigate and make further repairs.
They discovered that part of the overhead network had come down, forcing them to isolate the power supply to ensure safety.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for UK Power Networks said: "Due to the extent of the repairs required it will take longer than we were anticipating and we are now aiming to restore all power in the area between 11.30am and 12.30pm.
"We apologise for delaying the restoration time and will keep you updated with news from site."
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab