Taser gun drawn as police arrest man in Dereham hotel car park following reports of a stabbing
Police drew a taser gun when they arrested a man at a hotel car park in Dereham following reports that someone had been stabbed.
Police drew a taser gun when they arrested a man in a hotel car park in Dereham following reports that someone had been stabbed.
A man in his 50s has been arrested for wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and for possession of class A drugs, with intent to supply.
He has been released on bail and is due to attend Wymondham Police Station at 12pm on June 20.
The incident happened at The King's Head, on Norwich Street at around 1.30pm yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
One man suffered minor injuries.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: 'A taser gun was drawn, but not used because the man became compliant.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 9 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
Police are appealing for witnesses.
Anyone with information should contact DC James Morgan at Thetford CID on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555111.