Talented civil engineer commended with award for excellence from Norwich college
- Credit: Archant
A young civil engineer has been commended for his achievements on a college course.
Alex Fitzgerald, from Watton, graduated from City College Norwich after completing a two-year HND Civil Engineering course.
The 20-year-old, who has worked for Attlebotrough consulting engineers Plandescil during his studies, was presented with the course's award for excellence, sponsored by Clancy Consulting, at the college's graduation ceremony at Norwich Cathedral.
Mr Fitzgerald is now continuing his civil engineering studies by progressing on to a BSc Civil Engineering degree at the University of Suffolk, a day release course which will be available at City College Norwich from next year.
Prior to the HND course he won an award for his achievements on the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment, which he completed while gaining on-site building experience.
You may also want to watch:
Oliver Jones, director at Plandescil, said: 'Alex is currently working on the civil engineering aspects of renewal energy projects and is growing into a very competent civil engineer.
'He has always been hard working and a dedicated member of the team. He is now also mentoring younger Apprentices and encouraging them to follow in his footsteps. Alex is a real asset to Plandescil and can be justly proud of his achievements.'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
Mr Fitzgerald said: 'After completing my level 3 construction course I didn't think any further than the HND, but the more I got into it I realized that I was capable of pushing myself further.
'Getting this award makes all of the hard work on the HND worthwhile and having something else to show for it definitely helps for the future.'