Locals will swim 1050 lengths on Bastille Day
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers will take on the equivalent of the English Channel on Bastille Day to raise funds for a town's beloved lido.
On Sunday, July 14, competitors will take to the Beccles Lido for the big channel swim. The event is a total of 32 kilometres - approximately 1,050 lengths of the pool.
All the proceeds from the event and sponsorship will be divided between the Lido's project to refurbish, upgrade and re-line the main pool.
The rest will go to the Twinning Association, and organisation which enables social, cultural and educational exchange between the town and the twin town of Petit-Couronne.
Several people from Petit-Couronne will join to take part in the swim as well as the deputy mayor of the town.
You may also want to watch:
Entry for spectators will be free but donations will be welcomed, there will be a bar and a barbecue.
The swim will begin at 6pm and is expected to finish at 8pm.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Caravan catches fire in Norwich