Golf club raises more than £1,400 for EACH
- Credit: Swaffham Golf Club
Golfers are swinging into action to raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
The charity was jointly selected by the men's and ladies' captains of Swaffham Golf Club as their charity of the year.
The club has collected £1,494 as it tees of its year of support for the charity
Members have already taken part in a weekend of activities to raise money. It was organised by Ralph Rix, Andy Palmer and Ian Lake.
The event included a standard 18-hole tournament and a Beat the Pro competition.
You may also want to watch:
Tina Burdett, EACH west Norfolk regional fundraiser, said: 'Swaffham Golf Club's certainly had a fantastic start to its fundraising. We're delighted to have been selected as charity of the year by Brian and Amanda and look forward to working with members.
'All money raised will help us continue providing care for children and young people and their families.'
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting