Swaffham set to hold Christmas market before lights switch-on
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A Christmas market is set to be held in Swaffham on Sunday before the Christmas lights are switched on.
Clothes, jewellery, wood crafts and a range of food among other things will be on offer in Swaffham Market Place from noon until 6pm.
The Thursford organ will be playing next to the funfair with rides for children and for adults there's the chance to win £200 in the raffle to help with the Christmas shopping.
Santa will also be in his grotto at the assembly rooms from 1pm, with his reindeer resting up in Plowright Place.
Mayor Colin Houghton said: 'We are thrilled that the Buttercross will be open for the day and the Market Place is back to it's best.
You may also want to watch:
'We hope that everyone will come into town on the day to enjoy a great start to the festive season.'
The Timescape Singers, the Fakenham Town Band and the Oasis Church Band and Singers will all be based on the Buttercross helping to add to the festive mood.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
The Christmas lights will then be switched on at 5pm, with the stalls and entertainment continuing until 6pm.