Suspect white powder triggers chemical alert in Hemsby
- Credit: Archant
A village bus shelter was at the centre of a chemical alert this morning.
The alarm was raised at around 9.46am when a suspect white powder was discovered at the bus stop in Kingsway, Hemsby.
The discovery lead to the fire service bringing in a crew from Martham and its specialist environment protection unit from Sprowston.
A hazardous materials officer was also at the scene and the bus shelter was reportedly sealed off.
However investigations proved there was no risk to the public after the substance turned out to be chalk.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued