Comedian Susan Calman set to visit Norfolk Broads on Channel 5 programme
- Credit: IWC Media
Presenter and comedian Susan Calman is set to discover the Norfolk Broads as part of a Channel 5 programme.
The second series of Susan Calman's Grand Day Out will begin on The Broads where she is invited aboard a restored boat known as a wherry.
On her travels, she tries her hand at quanting — a method used to push boats along shallow waterways — and visits North Norfolk, where the comedian gets a taste of Cromer crab.
Ms Calman also discovers local jig dolls, which are part puppet part percussion instrument, and this leads to a “very happy time in a pub”.
The programme follows the presenter as she hits the road for grand days out in a vintage campervan to discover Britain's most scenically stunning road trips.
You may also want to watch:
It is set to appear on Channel 5, and on-demand service My5, on Friday, October 8 at 10pm.
You can also watch previous episodes online here.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre