Super slimmer Helen Nock looks totally different after losing more than a third of her body weight
- Credit: Slimming World
At almost 19 stone Helen Nock was always four jumps behind her Spaniel Bella at dog agility classes.
Worried about her failing health and the number of news articles linking obesity to cancer she decided to make lifestyle changes.
Now after losing seven stone in two and a half years she has been named Slimming World Woman of the Year by her local group.
Not only can she keep up with Bella, she can complete the course with her.
Her weight loss has seen her drop from a size 24 to a trim size 14.
And having gone from 18st 10lbs to 11st 9lbs she is now the lightest she's been in 30 years.
She said: 'I was becoming more worried about my health with my blood pressure at 120/240 and being prescribed medication to keep it under control.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 4 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 7 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
'I would hear the constant flow of news stories about the link between obesity and cancer and knew deep down that I needed to do something about it.'
She joined Slimming World in September 2015, losing 6lbs in the first week.
As the weight started to come off, her fitness improved.
The 48-year-old civil servant hailed Slimming World's food optimising plan and the camaraderie of the group as the key to her success.
She added: 'I recently bumped into a friend I hadn't seen for a while and they didn't recognise me, in fact when I look in the mirror I still don't recognise myself.
'It gives me real pleasure to go into a clothes shop and just try on clothes that I couldn't have dreamt of wearing before. I really hope my weight loss can inspire other people to get started and know that there's a whole group of people waiting to support them every step of the way.'
Corinne Kay, who runs the Martham group, said: 'I'm so proud of Helen. She's a fantastic ambassador for Slimming World, she is a valued member of our lovely social team too and what she's achieved is nothing short of incredible!
She's a huge inspiration to everyone in our group, always giving help, support, and kind words to other members and I hope she inspires other women – and men – in Martham to change their lives in the same way.'
The Martham Slimming World group is held every Tuesday at 5.30pm or 7.30pm at Martham Village Hall.