Summer school fun for students in Gorleston
- Credit: Ormiston Venture Academy
A week of exciting activities were put in place for new year seven students in Gorleston.
It was all part of a scheme led by Ormiston Venture Academy staff to assist the students in their transition to secondary school.
Each day there was a choice of sessions for students to attend, including cooking, science, team building, craft activities and sport. It included pupils making their own candles, chocolate oaties and also trampolining and more. To finish the week they had a day at Pleasurewood Hills.
Principal Simon Gilbert-Barnham said: 'Our Venture summer school was another huge success with over 130 of our new year seven students enjoying a wide range of exciting individual team activities.
'Thank you to the staff who made such a fantastic week possible and we are looking forward to welcoming such an amazing group of young people into our community in September.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 9 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature