Summer camp for 14th Lowestoft scouts proves a success
- Credit: Archant
An annual summer camp has been hailed a success.
Forty members of the 14th Lowestoft Scout Group have just returned from their annual camp, which was held this year at Tolmers International Scout camp, at Cuffley in Hertfordshire.
Weather for the week was testing – particularly for the leaders – but the scouts barely noticed it as they participated in more than 40 on site activities. These ranged from quad bikes to laser shooting, and from sailing to journalism – with many of the scouts getting articles written in the daily newsletter.
Heading off site for three of the days, the group visited Thorpe Park theme park where they challenged the leaders to ride the tallest and fastest rollercoasters, swam in an indoor swimming centre – where the leaders managed to get five non-swimmers swimming – shopped in Milton Keynes and visited Snodome where they had great fun on sledges as they were given ski lessons from instructors on real indoor snow.
The scouts cooked all their own meals, and several interesting menus were tried for the first time by many of them. The end of the week culminated in the traditional Indian banquet to bring to an end what was an exciting and fun packed week.
You may also want to watch:
Troop nights resume on Friday, September 8. A parents evening is scheduled later in September to share summer camp highlights, pictures and videos. A group spokesman said: 'This evening is combined with a badge presentation evening and the 2018 summer camp destination will be unveiled – it promises to be a special camp located outside this country.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?