Suffolk singer Ed Sheeran in talks to star in musical film that ‘mixes Notting Hill with Once’
- Credit: Archant
Conquering the charts isn't enough for Ed Sheeran, the singer-songwriter from Framlingham in Suffolk now plans to take over Hollywood as well.
Ed Sheeran has announced plans to star in a musical film that will take inspiration from popular movies such as Notting Hill and Once.
The 26-year-old revealed that he is currently in talks with a film-maker during a recent interview with the Sun.
He said: 'I really want to make a film that I do the soundtrack for and star in – that's my next thing.
'I look at a film like Notting Hill and I think that's a brilliant benchmark, or Once. So if you were to mix Notting Hill with Once, I would say that would be a good start.'
Sheeran added that he would want the film to be a low-budget, indie project featuring unknown actors.
You may also want to watch:
MORE: Do you remember these Ed Sheeran shows in Norwich?The news comes days after the singer released his highly anticipated third album ÷ (Divide), which is currently on track to become the biggest selling album of the year.
• Would you watch an Ed Sheeran musical? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home