Suffolk singer Ed Sheeran in talks to star in musical film that ‘mixes Notting Hill with Once’
- Credit: Archant
Conquering the charts isn't enough for Ed Sheeran, the singer-songwriter from Framlingham in Suffolk now plans to take over Hollywood as well.
Ed Sheeran has announced plans to star in a musical film that will take inspiration from popular movies such as Notting Hill and Once.
The 26-year-old revealed that he is currently in talks with a film-maker during a recent interview with the Sun.
He said: 'I really want to make a film that I do the soundtrack for and star in – that's my next thing.
'I look at a film like Notting Hill and I think that's a brilliant benchmark, or Once. So if you were to mix Notting Hill with Once, I would say that would be a good start.'
Sheeran added that he would want the film to be a low-budget, indie project featuring unknown actors.
You may also want to watch:
MORE: Do you remember these Ed Sheeran shows in Norwich?The news comes days after the singer released his highly anticipated third album ÷ (Divide), which is currently on track to become the biggest selling album of the year.
• Would you watch an Ed Sheeran musical? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm