Suffolk Show 2013: Highlight of agricultural calendar gets under way at Trinity Park
- Credit: Archant
It may not quite be the blue skies and sunny weather that was hoped for - but that has not stopped thousands of people already flooding through the gates for this year's Suffolk Show.
Events and activities are now well under way at Trinity Park, on the outskirts of Ipswich.
The livestock classes are in full swing, while exhibitors are looking forward to what they hope will be a busy two days.
Thousands of visitors are braving the grey and drizzly conditions, with wellies, umbrellas and anoraks most definitely the order of the day.
Key attractions this year include a military village featuring an Apache helicopter from nearby Wattisham, an ice skating rink in aid of St Elizabeth Hospice and the Sports Village featuring 40 different activities including gymnastics, archery, judo, tennis and cycling.
You may also want to watch:
A new attraction this year is the Newmarket Experience, which draws together elements from the horse racing world with a pop up travelling paddock and race horse simulators.
There is also a Family Health Trail around the whole site - created by Healthy Ambitions Suffolk - encouraging people to visit key sites, collect a special sheep stamp and learn about leading a healthier lifestyle.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 GP warns surgery 'is at breaking point' due to village expansion
Regulars can also visit the usual favourites including the Adnams Food and Drink Experience and the Flower and Garden Experience.
The grand ring also promises a variety of demonstrations including show jumping, heavy horse turnouts and a motorcycle display.