‘The pigs didn’t mind’: Delightful rural shot wins Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This delightful shot of birds being carried on a pig's back has won the Lowestoft Journal's Picture of the Week.
The image, which shows the humble side of rural life, was captured by Barbara Moore, from Oulton Broad on her Canon.
She said: "These starlings were hitching a ride on pigs in a farmers field, nice warm perch I should think, the pigs didn't seem to mind.
"I was quite pleased with the shot."
Mrs Moore captured the image while she was out driving and regularly takes shots of wildlife around Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mrs Moore receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images. To enter our competition, email your pictures and a contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft