Suffolk brewery St Peter’s celebrates record sales following success of turnaround strategy
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk brewery is celebrating record sales after a turnaround strategy was launched two years ago.
St Peter's Brewery, based near Bungay, has exceeded its targets, with sales at record levels and production at an all-time high, it said.
The firm is currently brewing 8,000 more barrels of beer a year - or 150 more a week - that it was previously, while sales have risen year-on-year, said chief executive Steve Magnall, who devised the strategy after taking over the reins at the company.
'All areas of the business are in growth: cask, export and supermarket sales,' he said.
'We are now working seven days a week on production and have brought extra capacity on site, by way of a tanker, to cope with the demand.'
You may also want to watch:
This year, the firm clinched new deals with Iceland, Asda and Morrisons, as well as export deals with the Cayman Islands and Norway. It is now on course for its most successful year to date.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 9 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 10 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront