Suffolk Adoption Service rated outstanding by Ofsted
The Suffolk Adoption Service has been rated as outstanding by Ofsted.
The service, run by Suffolk County Council, was praised following a recent inspection for its recruitment of adoptive families and for fully preparing them and the children for the adoption process.
It was also praised for the quality and timely manner in which it matched children and adoptive families. In particular, Ofsted praised it for its dedicated staff, and its report said: 'This agency is exceptionally well managed and staffed by people who are totally dedicated to improving the lives of children.'
Graham Newman, Suffolk County Council's portfolio holder for children, schools and young people's services, said: 'I am delighted that Suffolk's adoption service has been rated as Outstanding by Ofsted.
'With the heightened national political interest in how local authorities handle adoption services, it is extremely gratifying to know Suffolk is one of the most respected in the whole of the country.
You may also want to watch:
'Our success can be attributed to the dedicated members of staff who have the knowledge, ability and compassion to make a real difference to the lives of the children and young people in our care and indeed the adoptive families. I would like to congratulate them on this outstanding achievement.'
During the recent inspection one adopter said: 'From start to finish the agency has performed outstandingly well and communicated exceptionally well.'
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
Suffolk Adoption Agency is hoping the report will encourage more people to come forward and consider adopting a child. To find out more, call 0800 389 9417 or visit www.suffolkadoption.com