Sudden death on Norfolk Broads’ cruiser
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
A man in his 70s has died on a boat moored on the Norfolk Broads at Ludham.
Emergency services were called to the hire cruiser at Womack Staithe, Horsefen Road, at around 9.18am today.
A police spokesman said there were no suspicious circumstances and that a file would be prepared for the coroner.
The East of England Ambulance Service and the lifeboat crew from Hemsby also attended.
An ambulance spokesman said: 'We were called to a report of a man who was not breathing. An ambulance officer attended the scene.
'However, there was nothing that could be done for the man in his 70s who died at the scene.'
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 7 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 10 'Let's get this built' - Unanimous support for new £12m Norfolk hospital unit