Style stakes are high at ladies’ day at Fakenham Racecourse
- Credit: Ian Burt
A passion for fashion led the way as ladies from across the region turned out in their finery at Fakenham.
The style stakes were high as feathers, frocks and fascinators filled Fakenham Racecourse on Sunday at the course's ladies' day event.
David Hunter, chief executive and clerk of Fakenham Racecourse, said: 'It's been absolutely packed here.
'We've seen the biggest number of pre-sales we've ever had and the numbers will be right up there with what we had on Easter Monday.
'It's been pleasing to see a lot of new faces and casual race-goers of all ages out having a good time.
You may also want to watch:
'The ladies have made a huge effort and have looked absolutely fantastic.
'We've been having ladies' day events here for a few years now and they are getting more and more popular, especially on a brilliant day like today when the sun is shining as it has been.'
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer