Style stakes are high at ladies’ day at Fakenham Racecourse
- Credit: Ian Burt
A passion for fashion led the way as ladies from across the region turned out in their finery at Fakenham.
The style stakes were high as feathers, frocks and fascinators filled Fakenham Racecourse on Sunday at the course's ladies' day event.
David Hunter, chief executive and clerk of Fakenham Racecourse, said: 'It's been absolutely packed here.
'We've seen the biggest number of pre-sales we've ever had and the numbers will be right up there with what we had on Easter Monday.
'It's been pleasing to see a lot of new faces and casual race-goers of all ages out having a good time.
'The ladies have made a huge effort and have looked absolutely fantastic.
'We've been having ladies' day events here for a few years now and they are getting more and more popular, especially on a brilliant day like today when the sun is shining as it has been.'
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 A47 reopens after serious crash