Stunning Oxburgh Hall near Swaffham to be the backdrop for open air Shakespeare performance
- Credit: Ian Burt
One of Norfolk's most stunning stately homes will be the backdrop for a Shakespeare performance as part of an open-air tour.
Oxburgh Hall, near Swaffham, will be the venue for the performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream on Friday, July 14 at 7.30pm, performed by the Chapterhouse theatre company.
Each year, Chapterhouse visits beautiful castles, country estates and heritage sites with adaptations of literature's most loved stories.
Audiences are invited to bring along a rug and a picnic and something to drink for an evening out with family and friends.
Gates open at 6.30pm. People are advised to bring their own rugs or low-backed seating and come dressed for the weather.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £15 for adults and £10 for children, although there is a 10pc discount for parties of 10 people or more.
For more information or to bok tickets, call the National Trust box office on 0844 249 1895.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham