Stunning Oxburgh Hall near Swaffham to be the backdrop for open air Shakespeare performance
- Credit: Ian Burt
One of Norfolk's most stunning stately homes will be the backdrop for a Shakespeare performance as part of an open-air tour.
Oxburgh Hall, near Swaffham, will be the venue for the performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream on Friday, July 14 at 7.30pm, performed by the Chapterhouse theatre company.
Each year, Chapterhouse visits beautiful castles, country estates and heritage sites with adaptations of literature's most loved stories.
Audiences are invited to bring along a rug and a picnic and something to drink for an evening out with family and friends.
Gates open at 6.30pm. People are advised to bring their own rugs or low-backed seating and come dressed for the weather.
Tickets are £15 for adults and £10 for children, although there is a 10pc discount for parties of 10 people or more.
For more information or to bok tickets, call the National Trust box office on 0844 249 1895.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 5 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party