Students from Wymondham High Academy to help communities on trip to Ecuador
- Credit: Wymondham High Academy
A group of students are planning to visit underprivileged schools on a upcoming trip to Ecuador.
The 27 students and three staff from Wymondham High Academy are planning the four-week trip in partnership with Camps International.
The group will live and travel as part of a community in the highlands and rainforest near the city of Esmeraldas, while helping to improve community facilities there.
The trip follows a similar venture to Borneo.
The school is now collecting donations of items such as pencils, chalk, notebooks, toys and inflatable footballs, for schools in Ecuador.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham High chief executive Russell Boulton said it was a once-in-a-life-time chance for the students to learn about a different culture.
He said: 'Staff and students are tremendously excited about the trip to Ecuador following the successes of the Borneo trip, where students helped to build a water treatment plant and a kindergarten, replanted an area of rainforest and taught English to local children.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 6 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 7 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 8 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 9 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 10 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
'The team heading off to Ecuador wanted to add a further special dimension by taking some supplies that are just not available to the local children.
'These thoughtful, small and generous gifts from the community here in Norfolk to the children in Esmeraldas remind us of the privileges that we have and our ability to help others to contribute to a better world.
Donations can be dropped off at the school's main reception and sixth form reception. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.