Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Mollie King announced as first celebrity for new series
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Mollie King has been revealed as the first celebrity to join Strictly Come Dancing 2017.
The Saturdays singer was announced on Radio 1 this morning by Nick Grimshaw.
Mollie said: 'I'm a huge fan of Strictly Come Dancing so I can't actually believe I'm lucky enough to be taking part in it this year! I'm literally so excited to learn Latin and ballroom dancing, and of course I can't wait to get into the sequins too.
'It's going to be a lot of hard work but I'm ready for the challenge.'
The 30-year-old is the second singer from the band to perform on the show following Frankie Bridge's appearance in 2014. She made it to the final with her partner Kevin Clifton.
You may also want to watch:
'Frankie is the only other (The Saturdays) singer I've told,' she said. 'She was so excited. She was driving when I told her and she had to pull over.'
More stars will confirmed regularly over the next few weeks until the show's launch show which will be filmed in September. It will be the first series with new judge Shirley Ballas after Len Goodman left the panel.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 6 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 7 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
Other names rumoured to be doing the BBC show include Matt Goss, Olly Murs and Angela Scanlon.