Strictly Come Dancing 2016: Norwich City Chairman Ed Balls tells viewers - ‘I’d be cashing out now’
- Credit: PA
Many thought he would be out in the first week but Ed Balls has defied expectations on Strictly Come Dancing with some now claiming he could now win the glitterball trophy.
But the Norwich City chairman has told viewers who have backed him to win at the bookies to cash out now.
The 49-year-old was a 100/1 outsider to win the competition when it first started but his odds have now been slashed to 50/1 with even one of his biggest critics, Craig Revel Horwood stating he could go all the way.
There have also been similar claims from professional dancer Brendan Cole and Strictly alumni Jeremy Vine.
The former shadow chancellor said: 'I wouldn't bet on myself but if I had put money on myself at 100/1 I'd be cashing out now.
You may also want to watch:
'The longer the show goes on the more people focus on quality. If there's one thing I'm not delivering right now, it's quality dancing.
'I've been the favourite to go out each week – clearly that was wrong! But jumping from that to winning, I'd punt on something else.'
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 7 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 8 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
This week Mr Balls and his partner Katya Jones will be performing a salsa to the 2012 dance hit Gangnam Style.
And if they impress the judges and the viewers at home they will get the chance to dance at the Blackpool Tower Ballroom.
The song and its famous dance moves are something that he is very familiar with after he and his wife, Yvette Cooper, pulled out the routine at the Labour Party conference in 2014.
• Do you think Ed Balls can win Strictly Come Dancing? Let us know by voting in our poll.