Do you know this quail? RSPCA searching for stray bird’s owner
- Credit: Archant
A stray quail has been found wandering around a garden in Norwich.
The bird, believed to be a domestic Japanese quail, was discovered in a garden at School Lane in Sprowston.
The RSPCA was contacted by a member of the public who found the bird and put it in a box.
The charity's animal collection officer (ACO) Paige Burnham said: 'Thankfully the bird is in an okay condition and seems fairly healthy, and is now being looked after by RSPCA Norwich branch until an owner can be found.'
The quail does not have a ring and posters have gone up in the local area.
You may also want to watch:
It was found at about midday on Friday, November 9.
ACO Burnham added: 'If you have any information on where the quail has come from or if you are the owner please call us on 0300 123 8018. If an owner can not be found then a new specialist owner will be sought.'
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 7 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon