Mystery surrounds 'strange glowing egg' found in school
- Credit: Yaxham Primary School
Pupils at a primary school were left "shocked" after teachers found a "strange glowing egg" in one of the classrooms.
Children from Yaxham Primary School were surprised when teacher, Mary-Ann Knee, discovered "fire rings" on her dog walk.
Pupils watched the footage, which she recorded on her phone, and over the course of the week more of the rings appeared in the school, and even a "strange glowing egg".
Mrs Knee set up a camera to record the egg overnight, but the battery ran out just before the egg hatched, leaving children to launch investigations on what might have been inside.
Later on a "small sleeping alien" was found in the headteacher’s bag, cuddled up with a teddy bear.
The "alien adventure", which students saw progress over the space of a week, led to a range of activities including art, listening games, and creating newspaper reports.
Jennifer Müller, headteacher at the school, said: "We knew the children needed something to give them a boost because this time round our children have found being at home much more difficult than in the spring when they could get outside more.
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 9 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 10 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
"The children have loved seeing an alien adventure happen in their own school and the work they have produced has been fantastic."