Stradsett Vintage Rally cancelled with 'heavy heart' due to Covid-19
A popular vintage vehicle rally has been cancelled for the second year running due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Organisers have made the decision to not go ahead with the annual Stradsett Vintage Rally, near Downham Market, due to "increasing Covid-19 cases and restrictions."
The event was due to be held on Sunday, May 2 and May 3.
Announcing the news on Facebook, organisers Gordon Carson and the National Vintage Tractor and Engine Club (NVTEC) committee said: "It is with a very heavy heart, sadness and sheer disappointment I am having to write a cancellation statement for the second year running.
"Due to the ever-increasing covid-19 cases and restrictions which only seem to be getting worse day by day rather than better, sadly, the NVTEC-EA committee have had no choice other than to cancel our 2021 Stradsett Park Vintage Rally."
You may also want to watch:
The next event is yet to be confirmed but organisers hope to be able to hold the rally in 2022 on May 1 and 2.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences