Store manager swims 10k for charity at Dereham Leisure Centre
A keen swimmer has raised �650 for charity after completing 400 lengths of Dereham Leisure Centre's pool today.
Gemma Paige, 30, from Mattishall, swam 10k over three and a half hours without stopping.
After the challenge, she said: 'It was tougher than I thought it would be. The last 100 lengths were the hardest. I had a lot of people wishing me well. I might not go swimming for a little while but I still love it.'
Miss Paige, who is a store manager at Costa Coffee in Riverside, Norwich, raised �325 which will be matched by the company.
All the money will go towards the Costa Foundation, which provides funds for coffee growing communities across the world, including Guatemala, in central America, and Ethiopia.
You may also want to watch:
THe store manager first started swimming at the beginning of this year to keep fit and swims at Dereham Leisure Centre four times a week. At each session she normally swims 2k.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Man and woman found dead in home
- 4 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 9 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 10 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland