Joy as stolen family dog found whimpering behind shed
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A dog that was believed to have been stolen from its family has been found whimpering behind a shed, police have said.
Arthur, a two-and-a-half-year-old border terrier, was stolen from his owners driveway in Castle Acre on November 29, at 10am.
He was found almost a week later at 8.45am on Saturday, December 5, behind a shed of a property in the same village, after a gardener heard him whimpering.
PC Jamie Willetts said: "The gardener and the dog's owner had to lift several heavy items out of the way to retrieve Arthur, who appeared to be very pleased to be reunited with his owner.
"It doesn't appear that he had been there very long: he was well fed and the tag on his collar was missing although his collar was still intact."
You may also want to watch:
His owner, Luke Palmer, was on the driveway of his home in the Stocks Green area in the High Street, when Arthur saw a cat and bolted.
Mr Palmer ran after his dog but he had disappeared.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 4 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 8 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 9 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 10 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands