Stolen bike returned to 10-year-old Gorleston girl
- Credit: Stacey Wright
One of three children's bikes stolen in a Gorleston garage burglary has been reunited with its young owner.
Following an appeal for information a dog walker spotted the mint green cruiser-style bike, which was among a haul of items including two other bikes bought as Christmas presents, taken in the break-in.
Stacey Wright, of Edinburgh Avenue, was dismayed when her 12-year-old son Leo discovered the theft.
However, one bike has now been found and returned to 10-year-old Phoebe.
Mrs Wright said: 'A lady saw the bike dumped in a field not far from our home while walking her dog. She reported it to police and I went to identify it at Gorleston police station. Unfortunately it did not turn up their Christmas presents or any of the other items. It's been a hard time.'
You may also want to watch:
The other bikes were Carrera mountain bikes which each cost £270.
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 4 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Former factory site to become a new church
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 9 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze