Racegoers dazzle at Great Yarmouth’s Ladies Day
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Dressed to the nines ladies held onto their hats on a windy race day in Great Yarmouth.
The annual three day Eastern Festival of Racing attracted a stylish crowd, chinking glasses and proving to be winners in the fashion stakes.
For groups of friends it was a chance to get dressed up for one of the biggest days in the racing calendar.
And while half the eyes were trained on the racing action many more were people-watching taking in the floaty dresses and wide-brimmed hats.
With over £220,000 in prize money up for grabs the event attracts a crowd of some 15,000 people over three days.
You may also want to watch:
The best dressed competition was sponsored by intu Chapelfield whose team of style spotters, including Norfolk-based fashion bloggers scanned the crowds for those who went the extra furlong to pull off the perfect look.
Off the shoulder dresses were very much in evidence with high heels and elaborate fascinators adding a touch of glamour.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named