Stephen Fry joins Islamic community for celebration
- Credit: Archant
Stephen Fry joined members of the Islamic community for a religious celebration.
The Norfolk broadcaster attended Iftar - the breaking of fast at the end of Ramadan - at West Norfolk Islamic Centre, in King's Lynn.
"Stephen was delighted to have been invited to his very first Iftar, and it was a great opportunity for us to welcome him in celebrating our special occasion with us," said Azam Gabbair, president of the West Norfolk islamic Association.
"Stephen's was one of the first messages I received following the tragic events in Christchurch, New Zealand, and I was touched by the love and support he sent out to our Muslim community here in Kings Lynn.
"Stephen thoroughly enjoyed the food and spoke warmly of the importance of having faith in humanity, and of showing love and support towards fellow human beings.
You may also want to watch:
"We appreciated his attendance and thanked him for his kind words of compassion and respect to all, regardless of religion. We hope to welcome him again soon."
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat