Stephen Fry shares support for Oktoberfest Norwich
- Credit: Archant
OPEN Youth Trust is bringing Oktoberfest to Norwich later this year and Norfolk comedian Stephen Fry says he is 'proud' to support the event.
OPEN Norwich, a multi-purpose venue based on Bank Plain, will be transformed into a German themed Bierkeller in October as part of a fundraiser for the charity which finances a range of largely free activities for young people aged seven to 25.
Oktoberfest Norwich, or ON for short, will provide the fine city with a wide selection of authentic Bavarian beer, food, and entertainment and is set to take place over Friday, October 6 and Saturday, October 7.
The event has already garnered much attention, including endorsement from local celebrity, Stephen Fry, who last night tweeted: 'Proud to support @OktoberfestN for a great charity @OPENNorwich in my beloved home city.'
He then shared a link to purchase tickets for the event, which are currently available online for between £10.75 and £354.35.
John Gordon-Saker, Chief Executive of OPEN Youth Trust, said: 'With over 12 million followers, we are thrilled that Stephen has chosen to support Oktoberfest but, more importantly, has given a boost to our work in providing young people with the support, confidence and life skills to find their own way in life.
You may also want to watch:
'Some may be suffering from low self-esteem and, as a campaigner for better mental health care, he has given our youth team a real boost at a time when charities like ours have become the frontline in the face of cuts to children's services.'
• Are you looking forward to Oktoberfest Norwich? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups