Factory worker died after collapsing at British Legion Club
- Credit: Archant
A 59-year-old factory worker died after he choked on a sandwich, an inquest has heard.
Stephen Dexter was found unresponsive in the toilets of the Royal British Legion Club in King's Lynn on the night of November 24.
Staff gave him CPR until ambulance crews arrived, an inquest into his death was told on Friday.
Paramedics removed a piece of sandwich from his airway before he was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Mr Dexter, of Extons Place, had bought a sandwich at the bar before going to the toilet, assistant coroner Johanna Thompson heard.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dexter was placed on a ventilator in intensive care at the hospital, where he died on November 26.
The cause of death was given as a hypoxic brain injury caused by choking.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 4 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 5 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 8 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 9 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 10 Man fined for swearing at neighbours during lockdown barbeque
Assistant coroner Johanna Thompson, sitting at King's Lynn coroner's court, concluded Mr Dexter's death was accidental.