Stars of the future to showcase their work at OPEN
- Credit: Archant
OPEN Youth Trust will take Norwich around the world in just one show as the Summer Showcase hits the city with this years theme going global.
On Thursday July 20, children and young people from the city charity will be celebrating their achievements with a showcase event called Worldwide.
The showcase will bring together a combination of activities that young people have been working on over the last 12 months. The audience will be entertained with performances themed from around the world including Bollywood style dances and a drama about travelling around the world.
There will also be live testimonials from young people as well as a climbing and various music videos.
The showcase has been produced by Michaela Rudling, who has performed in previous showcases and is now an apprentice youth worker at the fine city club.
You may also want to watch:
All the young people taking part are users of OPEN and have been involved in all stages of the event - from deciding the theme through to performing on the night, on stage and behind the scenes.
Jaimz Mee, 15, one of the young people part of OPEN said: 'This is a really good way for us to show how much OPEN means to us and how it has made such a huge difference to so many of our lives and a way for us to say thank you.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
'OPEN for me has been great in so many ways and has been a safe place for me to meet and make new friends'.
Charlene Ledgard, Head of Youth Services at OPEN said: 'The aim of our showcase is to highlight the achievements of our young people, and to demonstrate how they have triumphed over time whilst giving them an opportunity to celebrate their success.
'It is also a great way for us to demonstrate how young people who access our activities can develop in a positive way during their time with us'.
Tickets are £6 for adults and £3 for children with ticket sales donated back to OPEN Youth Trust.
To purchase tickets call 01603 763111 or go to OPEN, 20 Bank Plain, Norwich.