Stars of Norfolk and Waveney nomination forms now available at Co-ops across the region
- Credit: Archant
Excitement is building ahead of the EDP's biggest awards ceremony of the year.
The awards are an opportunity to recognise unsung heroes and quiet achievers from all walks of life – and it's now easier than ever to make your nomination.
The EDP has teamed up East of England Co-op to provide nomination forms at their food stores and supermarkets across the region.
Awards organiser Mick Parker said having the forms at East of England Co-op stores was a way of making the event accessible to everyone.
He said: 'It is wonderful to have the ability to reach out to everyone so that those that don't have computer access for the on-line application can pop into their local Co-op store, fill out an entry form and hand it in at the cashier, who will forward it on to us.'
Minnie Moll, joint chief executive at the East of England Co-op, said she was delighted to support the awards.
She said: 'For us, community is firmly at the heart of everything we do and we are proud to help search for the region's most deserving individuals ahead of this year's awards.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 4 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk hotel set to launch five romantic orchard cabins next year
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge
'There is still time to nominate heroic and dedicated colleagues, friends, relatives or strangers that have made an impact in your community.
'Forms are available in the majority of our stores across Norfolk and Waveney, so you can pick one up and nominate someone worthy of special recognition next time you pop to the Co-op.'
The awards are an opportunity to praise people in our community who go above and beyond what's expected of them.
It might be someone you know who's always in the background organising charity events, or a firefighter who risked their life to save someone else's.
Our Stars category winners each receive a special gift tailor-made to suit their interests.
Now is the time to get your nominations in – the deadline in October 21, and the gala awards ceremony is on December 8.
You can also make nominations by following this link: www.edp24.co.uk/home/stars.
The categories are:
Carer of the Year
Young Person of the Year
Outstanding Sporting Achievement of the Year
Community Group or Champion of the Year
Hospital/Ambulance Hero/Heroine of the Year
Team of the Year
Search and Rescue Person of the Year
Fire Service Person of the Year
Volunteer of the Year
Armed Services Person of the Year
Police Person of the Year
Unsung Hero/Heroine of the Year