Starbucks to open coffee shop at former Little Chef restaurant in Acle
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
A new Starbucks coffee shop is set to open in a former Little Chef restaurant.
The Acle Little Chef closed in March and building work is now underway before it re-opens as a branch of the American coffee giant.
The coffee shop will be next to the Travelodge hotel and near the BP petrol station and act as a service stop for drivers using the A47 to get to Norwich of Great Yarmouth.
MORE: One of Norfolk's last Little Chef restaurants has closed downA Starbucks spokesperson said: 'We are looking forward to opening a new Starbucks store in partnership with Euro Garages in Acle, which will create up to 15 local jobs.
'The new store will open in the summer bringing our great quality range of hot and cold coffees to customers.'
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the store will be staffed by those who worked at the former restaurant site.
The Little Chef in Acle was one of the last left in the country. It opened at the site in 1990, replacing a former branch. The chain was bought by Euro Garages earlier this year.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 10 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch