Star Wars quiz night to raise money for King’s Lynn’s first ever Pride event
- Credit: AP
A Star Wars themed quiz night is hoped to raise funds and awareness of King's Lynn's first ever LGBT pride event.
The quiz night will take place on Friday, May 4 at the Hob in Littleport Street, with funds going towards the Pride Parade taking place on Saturday, August 18.
Star Wars fan and quiz organiser, Jaymee Dunne, said: 'We opted for a Star Wars themed quiz due to the date - May the 4th be with you.
'As well as questions about Star Wars we'll also include some general knowledge questions, so anyone can enter and have a chance of winning a prize.'
The cost is £5 per team with the quiz, hosted by King's Lynn and West Norfolk Pride, scheduled to begin at 9.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Committee member Jordan Stokes said: 'It is great to be able hold events at the Hob. It's a long established pub that supports the LGBT community and we're pleased that Gary Shrew, owner of the Hob, is part of our committee.
'We cant wait to put on the colourful carnival celebration that can only be positive for the people of King's Lynn and West Norfolk.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
'I am really excited about the prospect of having a Pride parade through the town centre which will be a celebration of diversity and will be inclusive of everyone and that will be followed by a festival type event on The Walks.'