Stalham makes plans for Queen’s diamond jubilee
Diamond jubilee celebrations in Stalham will be discussed at a public meeting in the town hall on Thursday February 2, at 5pm.
A number of Stalham events have already been planned to mark the 60th anniversary of the Queen's accession to the throne, and organisers hope more may be suggested at the meeting.
On Friday June 1 there will be a big screen presentation in the town hall at 7.15pm of the Norfolk Broads in the Past.
From June 2 - June 6 a photographic exhibition of Stalham in the Past will include many not seen before by most residents.
Saturday evening, June 2, will see a concert in St. Mary's Church, Stalham, by Stone Angels and on Sunday June 3 residents will join the rest of the country by staging a big picnic at a venue yet to be decided.
? More information or enquiries to Elizabeth Jackson 01692 581389.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips