Stalham Ladies FC don evening dresses and football boots for charity calendar
We've all seen the Calendar Girls-style charity photo-shoots, with friends preserving their modesty with carefully placed props.
Now a Stalham football team has given the charity calendar a new twist - by posing in evening dresses and football boots.
The unlikely fashion combination is designed to raise money for Stalham Ladies FC - and send a message that it is possible for women to be feminine and a footballer.
The ladies, who play at Rivers Park on Stepping Stone Lane, posed in a series of action shots and a team line-up for the calendar, which will raise funds for the team and for a new clubhouse at the site.
Joint manager Marie Meale, who took the photos along with Kristen Highe, said: 'It was an idea brought up when Mike Haystead was the manager. He and his wife approached us with it.
You may also want to watch:
'We are part of the club with Stalham Town FC, and wanted to do our little bit for the club. All the ladies seemed up for it.'
She added: 'They thought about the Calendar Girls idea, but that's been done a lot. We wanted to try to do something different.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
'We thought if we put dresses on with football boots we could show we can be feminine and play football.'
The calendar will be available from the club, from Stalham Engineering or from Wayford Nurseries at Wayford, near Stalham.