Stalham church in eleventh heaven with Christmas tree festival
- Credit: MAURICE GRAY
St Mary's Church in Stalham celebrated its 11th Christmas Tree Festival last week and organisers said they can boast 'the biggest ever', having displayed over 60 decorated trees and a unique display of nativity sets, from around the world, owned by Elizabeth Jackson.
Businesses, Local clubs, uniformed organisations, garages and all the local schools gave their support and sponsored the decorated trees, which filled the church with a magnificent display that attracted a consistent flow of visitors.
Emma Lawrence, wife of the Reverend Simon Lawrence, said: 'It's a great way to discover just how much is going on in Stalham and surrounding areas and we are so very grateful to all those who took part.'
Various types and sizes of Christmas trees lit up the well decorated church which also had a colourful display of tempting, home-made cakes and savouries on offer.
The event ran from December 3 to 11 and raised funds for church improvements and maintenance.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge