Staff from Frank’s bar in Norwich jump out of a plane for Lourdes charity
They are used to serving tea and cakes in a trendy cafe in Norwich's city centre.
But four Frank's Bar colleagues had an unusual work day when they jumped out of an aeroplane, raising over �1,200 for charity.
Front of house staff Theodora Lecrinier, Paul MacGowan, Bex Cross and co-owner Ella Williams parachuted into Beccles airfield for the HCPT Pilgrimage Trust, a charity which takes thousands of children with disabilities or special needs on a pilgrimage holiday to Lourdes in France.
Miss Williams said the charity means a lot to her as her mum and sister are heavily involved in the trips they run. She said: 'It was an amazing experience. I had done a parachute jump before but for some reason this one felt like a totally different experience.'
The children taken on the tours travel in small family-style groups with experienced volunteer helpers, doctors, nurses and chaplains. The trust has a house in the mountains outside Lourdes for people of all ages with disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the jump, the cafe organised a FrankFish party night in July, which was helped by DJs from neighbouring shop DogFish, which raised over �600 thanks to a 40-prize raffle donated by local businesses in the Norwich Lanes and surrounding areas.
Miss Williams added: 'We were really impressed with the generosity of all the local businesses. Practically everyone we asked donated something towards the raffle, which proved that there really is a nice sense of community around here.'
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
Are you raising money for charity? Call Rosa McMahon on 01603 772495 or email firstname.lastname@example.org