Staff and customers fear that The Windmill pub in Norwich could close
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
There are fears that a Norwich pub could close as its owners look to sell the site, staff claim.
The Windmill, on Knox Road, next to Norwich Prison, only re-opened to the public last year following refurbishment.
But staff have been told that owners Greene King brewery, in Bury St Edmunds, is seeking to sell the land.
Customers and staff are now looking to have the pub listed as an asset of community value.
The EDP and Evening News is waiting for a response from Greene King.
Are you a customer and want to share your views? Call Luke Powell on 01603 772684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 5 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 6 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack