St Nicholas Hospice’s volunteer service can help those with life-limiting illnesses in Thetford
- Credit: Archant
Do you know someone with a life-limiting or life-shortening illness in the Thetford area who could benefit from a little extra help?
A volunteer-led service, which aims to help by providing companionship and support, is calling for people to get in touch.
St Nicholas Hospice Care's Hospice Neighbours helps more than one hundred people at any given time, supporting those with illnesses.
Glenn Hubbard, Hospice Neighbours manager, said: 'Hospice Neighbours are there to provide a little extra help and support to those in our community coping with illness.
'That support could be anything, it could be companionship, running errands, walking the dog, or helping around the house and garden.
You may also want to watch:
'In essence being a Hospice Neighbour is about being a good neighbour, offering support to those in the community who need it.'
Two years ago Hospice Neighbour Kym Jackson first visited Deborah and Mark Taylor at their Thetford home.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police
Mrs Taylor's MS nurse suggested she might benefit from the support of a Hospice Neighbour.
Mrs Taylor said: 'Within half an hour it was like we had known her forever. We had her in fits of laughter straight away.
'I class Kym as my best friend now. We just laugh so much and we have so much in common. We just clicked straight away.'
For more information about Hospice Neighbours click here or call 01284 719638.