St Nicholas Hospice’s volunteer service can help those with life-limiting illnesses in Thetford
- Credit: Archant
Do you know someone with a life-limiting or life-shortening illness in the Thetford area who could benefit from a little extra help?
A volunteer-led service, which aims to help by providing companionship and support, is calling for people to get in touch.
St Nicholas Hospice Care's Hospice Neighbours helps more than one hundred people at any given time, supporting those with illnesses.
Glenn Hubbard, Hospice Neighbours manager, said: 'Hospice Neighbours are there to provide a little extra help and support to those in our community coping with illness.
'That support could be anything, it could be companionship, running errands, walking the dog, or helping around the house and garden.
You may also want to watch:
'In essence being a Hospice Neighbour is about being a good neighbour, offering support to those in the community who need it.'
Two years ago Hospice Neighbour Kym Jackson first visited Deborah and Mark Taylor at their Thetford home.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 9 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
Mrs Taylor's MS nurse suggested she might benefit from the support of a Hospice Neighbour.
Mrs Taylor said: 'Within half an hour it was like we had known her forever. We had her in fits of laughter straight away.
'I class Kym as my best friend now. We just laugh so much and we have so much in common. We just clicked straight away.'
For more information about Hospice Neighbours click here or call 01284 719638.