St Nicholas Hospice keen for volunteers in Brandon area
- Credit: Archant
A hospice is calling on people to help volunteer by offering support to those coping with long-term and life-threatening illnesses.
Bury St Edmunds-based St Nicholas Hospice, which cares for people across West Suffolk and Thetford, are looking for volunteers to join their Hospice Neighbours scheme.
They are particularly keen to hear from people who are able to visit people living in the Brandon area, where they can offer companionship and support.
Volunteers can help to walk people's dogs, do some light housework, or just have a chat and a cup of tea. Full training is offered.
Genaya Rushton, a volunteer with Hospice Neighbour, said: 'The role fits perfectly into my life; I find it helps keep things in perspective. I personally gained a lot from being involved in Hospice Neighbours and have met so many amazing people.'
You may also want to watch:
For more information call 01284 719638 or visit www.stnicholashospicecare.org.uk
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats