St. John the Baptist Church in Old Lakenham hosts flower festival
- Credit: St. John the Baptist Church
Flower enthusiasts were treated to a vibrant display of colour and some of their favourite story characters at the weekend at the St. John the Baptist Church in Old Lakenham
The church held its Craft and Flower Festival at with the theme being Once Upon a Time, where members of the church's crafts group and children from the Brownies and Scouts created dazzling pieces.
The festival included displays based on The Hungry Caterpillar. The Gruffalo and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
Refreshments were on sale with a raffle, tombola and a home produce stall. More than £400 was raised which will go towards the church fund.
Church warden Heather Woodcock said: 'We were very surprised and pleasantly pleased with the turn out. It was a lovely day, we saw familiar faces and we saw not so many familiar faces. We had a steady flow of people.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed