Sprowston woman raises £620 by shaving her head
- Credit: Victoria Bailey
A woman from Sprowston has raised £620 for children's charity Nelson's Journey by shaving her head.
Victoria Bailey, 44, from Sprowston, wanted to support the bereavement charity after they helped her two children when her mother died suddenly.
She made the cut on Thursday evening at Cutting Crew Organic Hairdressing, in Wensum Road, and it was filmed live on Facebook.
Mrs Bailey said: 'The comments and support made me feel so pleased, I think every member of Nelson's Journey is amazing, what they do is so vital.'
Nelson's Journey is a Norfolk charity supporting young people, up to the age of 18, who have experienced the death of a significant person.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Dodge, from the charity, said: 'We think Victoria is super brave and we would like to express our thanks to her.'
The hair will now be posted to the Little Princess Trust, where it will be given to children going through chemotherapy.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 8 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old