Sprowston woman raises £620 by shaving her head
- Credit: Victoria Bailey
A woman from Sprowston has raised £620 for children's charity Nelson's Journey by shaving her head.
Victoria Bailey, 44, from Sprowston, wanted to support the bereavement charity after they helped her two children when her mother died suddenly.
She made the cut on Thursday evening at Cutting Crew Organic Hairdressing, in Wensum Road, and it was filmed live on Facebook.
Mrs Bailey said: 'The comments and support made me feel so pleased, I think every member of Nelson's Journey is amazing, what they do is so vital.'
Nelson's Journey is a Norfolk charity supporting young people, up to the age of 18, who have experienced the death of a significant person.
Sarah Dodge, from the charity, said: 'We think Victoria is super brave and we would like to express our thanks to her.'
The hair will now be posted to the Little Princess Trust, where it will be given to children going through chemotherapy.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 10 New homes in Norfolk village will be for locals